In this episode, I'm joyfully bringing you a conversation with the author of the book “Belonging: The Ancient Code of Togetherness”, Owen Eastwood.
Have you been in work situations where you might have started in a company and you just didn’t feel like you belonged, which then led to a lot of stress and tension? Join us as we learn how to create a sense of belonging with the Belonging author, Owen Eastwood.
Owen draws on his own Maori ancestry and weaves together insights from our evolutionary story and our collective wisdom as he helps people create a sense of belonging, especially in workplaces. Owen shines a light on where these powerful ideas are applied around the world in high performing settings, encompassing sports, business, the arts, and military.
In this conversation, you’ll hear Owen and I discuss:
* His book, “Belonging: The Ancient Code of Togetherness”
* What the concept of Whakapapa is all about
* How he felt when he was called in to create an intervention for the South
African cricket team
* How to create a collective feeling of belonging
* Why he dispels the myth that we all, as individuals, need a purpose
* The impact of environment and how that affects your ability to be
resilient and to feel like you belong
* Our central nervous system (the cues that our body gives us)
* Rapid round
Subscribe to Leanne Hughes' Work and Live Large podcast.